Call them eavestroughs, call them gutters—either way, they are absolutely essential to good home maintenance. A properly installed eavestrough system ensures that water is drawn away from your home and foundation, reducing the risk of cracks, basement flooding, and roof leaks.
Whether you want an eavestrough system for a new home or need to replace aging gutters that are too damaged to repair, you can count on Clear Ottawa to determine the best solution for your needs.
A Level of Quality and Expertise That Is Second to None
Here are a few things that set our eavestroughs apart from the competition:
- Longer drip edge. We use a 3″ drip edge, which is longer than standard. Why it’s important: A drip edge is an L-shaped piece of aluminum that goes under the roof shingles and into the eavestrough. This ensures the water from the roof is directed into the gutter (and not into your attic). A good drip edge is essential to a properly functioning eavestrough system. (Many leaking issues are caused because the drip edge is insufficient—or worse, was never installed at all.)
- Thicker aluminum. Our eavestroughs are made of a thicker gauge of aluminum (0.24 to 0.37). This means it is sturdier, more resistant to ice damage, and lasts longer. (Many companies use only 0.18 gauge, which dents and damages more easily.) We never use plastic eavestroughs, which do not work in Canada’s climate and do not last.
- Lots of colors to choose from. We offer an array of color finishes to match your home.
- We can repair or replace fascia and soffits. Eavestroughs need to be attached securely and permanently so they last. This means the fascia, which creates a barrier between the edge of the roof and the outside, must provide a strong and suitable surface. If needed, we can make the necessary repairs to ensure your eavestroughs stay secure.
- Bigger downspouts. We use 3″ × 3″ downspouts, which means they carry more water and are less likely to get overwhelmed during major downpours.
- Fast service. Most installs can be done within 2 to 4 weeks.
Not Sure Whether to Repair or Replace?
Our process starts with a free, no-obligation assessment to determine the best solution to meet your needs, whether it’s a repair of your existing gutters or a full or partial replacement.
Why Clear Ottawa Is the Right Choice for Gutter Installation
- No run-around. We answer the phone, schedule appointments promptly, and show up on time.
- Higher-quality materials. We never cut corners. We use large-diameter downspouts, thicker-gauge aluminum, and a longer drip edge to ensure your eavestrough system works better and lasts longer.
- Expert workmanship. Our staff are all carefully chosen, fully trained employees of Clear Ottawa—no subcontractors. We care about doing the job right.
- Peace of mind. We carry $6 million in liability insurance—well above the industry average—and all staff have received working at heights and other key training, such as WHMIS and boom lift operation.
- Service you can trust. We say what we’ll do, and do what we say.
Make the right choice. Contact Clear Ottawa today and ask for a free assessment of your eavestrough needs.